PointClickCare Previews a New Solution Designed to Connect Acute and Post-Acute Healthcare Providers
ORLANDO, Fla. Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Global Conference & Exhibition – PointClickCare, the leading cloud-based software vendor for the long-term and post-acute care (LTPAC) market, is previewing a new interoperable solution designed to empower hospitals and health systems with the insights required for a truly coordinated and collaborative approach to care delivery. Harmony by PointClickCare, the new solution, will enable acute and post-acute care providers to eliminate data silos between care partners and leverage meaningful insights.
Harmony by PointClickCare
Harmony by PointClickCare connects acute and post-acute care providers on a secure, simplified, and integrated platform. Its features empower hospitals and health systems to more easily:
- Locate where their patients are, as well as facilitate seamless, integrated transitions to LTPAC settings.
- Sync with meaningful data exchange between care settings to conveniently monitor their discharges to LTPAC facilities and access up-to-date, detailed patient progress information for efficient decision-making.
- Visualize LTPAC partner’s key performance indicators and metrics through a single glass-pane view, thereby enabling easy evaluation and real-time visibility on patient discharges.
PointClickCare is in a leading position to help acute care providers effectively connect with LTPAC providers. According to CMS and PointClickCare system data:
- In 2017, more than 97 percent of hospitals referred at least one Medicare patient to a facility that uses the PointClickCare platform.
- From 2012 to 2017, facilities that use the PointClickCare platform saw a growth of 186 percent in their Medicare referrals.
- In 2018, 2.4 million admissions went to a post-acute care facility that utilizes the PointClickCare platform.
Comments on the News
- “The transition to LTPAC facilities is becoming increasingly important for health systems as they look to reduce costs and improve care outcomes,” says Luke Bonney, chief executive officer, Redox. “As a leader in the LTPAC space, PointClickCare is in a unique position to help redefine the transition from acute to post-acute care by ensuring the data is not only effectively exchanged, but also harnessed to deliver vast improvements including facility matching and regional population health efforts.”
- “Harmony by PointClickCare will allow for more specific and robust conversations between skilled nursing providers and their acute care partners,” says Kim Majic, chief development officer, Carespring Healthcare Management. “The solution is remarkable in its ability to capture the insights that hospitals want and succinctly display the metrics and goals that skilled nursing providers need to meet. I believe it can improve data exchange, inspire communication, and bridge the gap between care partners.”
- “Having the right data at the right time is the foundation for effective decision-making, especially when a person’s healthcare is concerned,” says B.J. Boyle, vice president and general manager of post-acute insights, PointClickCare. “Harmony by PointClickCare is designed to liberate the data and make it easy for healthcare providers to securely get the information they need when they need it to facilitate improved care coordination.”
PointClickCare at HIMSS19
From February 11 to 15, Harmony by PointClickCare will be showcased at HIMSS19 in Orlando, Florida. To learn more about the solution, visit booth #2421.
On February 13, from 10 to 10:30 a.m. EST, attendees can visit booth #3311 to find out what PointClickCare and Salesforce Health Cloud are doing to enable data driven approaches to episodic care management. To learn more about the joint presentation, click here.
About PointClickCare Technologies
PointClickCare Technologies Inc., helps long-term and post-acute care (LTPAC) and senior living providers gain the confidence they need to navigate the new realities of value-based healthcare – achieving preferred status in competitive and shrinking networks, optimizing financial and operational health, attracting and retaining the right staff, and connecting to the right partners and insights needed to effectively manage and mitigate risk. Recognized by Forbes as one of the Top 100 Private Cloud Companies and acknowledged by KLAS Research as a Best in KLAS Vendor for Long-term Care, PointClickCare leads the way in creating cloud-based environments where providers, patients, and payers eliminate data silos between care settings, connecting stakeholders to meaningful insights. With a suite of fully-integrated applications powered by an interoperable, mobile friendly, and regulatory-compliant electronic health record and revenue cycle management platform, PointClickCare helps care providers connect and collaborate within their care network. Over 16,000 skilled nursing facilities, senior living communities, and home health agencies use PointClickCare today, making it the North American healthcare IT market leader for the LTPAC industry. For more information on PointClickCare’s software solutions, please visit www.pointclickcare.com.