Description and Scope
We provide this Supplemental Information to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Supplemental Information.
PointClickCare primarily provides services to businesses, and we may collect personal information (as defined below) in the context of providing these services. As between PointClickCare and our business customers, our business customers are primarily responsible for how we use and disclose the personal information we collect in our role as a service provider. If PointClickCare maintains your personal information on behalf of one of our business customers, and you have questions about how we process your personal information, we may direct any inquiries about our use of your personal information to that customer.
Please also note that the CCPA temporarily exempts personal information reflecting a written or verbal business-to-business communication (“B2B personal information”) from some of its requirements. This exemption is referenced, where applicable, in this Supplemental Information.
Note for those applying to work at PointClickCare: If you are applying to work at PointClickCare, please request our separate Privacy Notice for Employees Residing in California (also applicable to candidates), before submitting any personal data to us.
Personal Information We Collect
- Commercial Information, such as products and services, including registration at our Summit event, purchased from us. We typically collect this information directly from you to fulfill your transactions and provide you customer service.
- Profile Information, such as information about your user preferences and characteristics. We typically collect this information to improve our website, and to tailor our services and communications to you.
In addition to the purposes for collection described above, we have collected each of the above categories or personal information for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events that may be of interest to you.
- When required by subpoena, search warrant or other legal process.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- De-identified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, including: health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (including amendments and regulations) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act or clinical trial data.
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act or California Financial Information Privacy Act, and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
Sharing Personal Information
We do not sell personal information. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information. If we change our practices, we will update this Supplemental Information accordingly.
Your Rights and Choices
You may be entitled to the following privacy rights under California law:
- The right to know what personal information we have collected and how we have used and disclosed that personal information;
- The right to request deletion of your personal information;
- The right to opt out of the sale of your personal information; and
- The right to be free from discrimination relating to the exercise of any of your privacy rights.
We do not provide access, data portability, or deletion rights for B2B personal information.
Verification: To protect your personal information from unauthorized access or deletion, we may ask you to provide additional personal information for verification. If we cannot verify your identity, we will not provide or delete your personal information.
Authorized Agents: You may submit a request to know, or a request to delete, your personal information through an authorized agent. If you do so, the agent must present signed written permission to act on your behalf and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided authorization to the agent.
Updates to this Supplemental Information
We will update this Supplemental Information from time to time. Any changes will be posted on this page with an updated revision date.
Last Updated: July 2020